Sr. Software Developer
Location: IL-Chicago, TX-Houston
Job Function: Software
This position can be placed in Houston or Chicago
As a part of the Development team, the Sr. Software Developer provides group technical leadership, software development project leadership and mentors other developers to ensure the business needs are met with the software developed.
· Work independently and lead small teams to build enterprise software systems and software solutions in a fast-paced demanding environment.
· Works on scoping, approval, development and implementation of software projects.
· Mentors other software developers assisting them in their own growth towards a senior/leadership position.
· Participate as technical lead in complex services and systems integration.
· Develop and maintain web applications using ASP.NET, C# and Microsoft Visual Studio.
· Design, develop and test applications build on .Net Framework 3.5 and up.
· Develop software solutions using industry and company best standards and practices.
· Communicate with non-technical staff to ensure the delivery is what is to be expected.
· Responsible for end-to-end delivery.
· A 4 year degree and 5 years of recent relevant work history or 7 years of recent relevant work history
· Experience with .NET Development
· Experience with ASP.NET MVC 3 or later
· C# development skills
· Strong SQL experience
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills
· Object-oriented design skills
· Experience consuming WCF services
· Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
· Experience with .NET 3.5 or later, jQuery, AJAX, and Agile methodologies
· Experience with WebAPI
· Experience with designing and implementing websites for mobile devices; Android or iOS development experience a plus
· Experience with SEO, UI design, A/B multivariate testing, online advertising, writing unit tests, TDD, TFS
· Experience with ORM toolsi
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.